Have you ever wondered what teachers discuss in the breakroom when they’re not reading through stacks of student essays and tests? Besides the usual topics of grades or lessons, Mitch and Christina often digress into conversations about movies, music and tv. We’re two English teachers who harbor secret hopes of one day becoming famous entertainment world critics. We know we’re a little obsessed, but we’ve accepted it, even embraced it. We’ve created this blog to invite you to join our conversation.

Welcome to The Breakroom.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lost Episode 12: Everybody Loves Hugo

Even though it usually take me a while to put up these posts, tonight I just feel like putting something up because the episode was so insane. What is going on?!
I feel like all my theories have been blown out of the water.  I liked Ilana--I didn't want to see her get blown up. And what's going on with Desmond and Locke? Is there all of a sudden some kind of secret war between them that we don't know about? And the look between Jack and MIB at the end of the episode--crazy!! Anyway I just have to get some of this out of my system...more to come when I actually have some time to contemplate what just happened.

And I have to put these lyrics up here--my sister and I screamed when we heard this song. Talk about awesome song choice.  Does anyone else remember watching this as a kid and being freaked out when you heard this song?

The Wondrous Boat Ride from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Round the world and home again
That's the sailor's way
Faster faster, faster faster

There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining, is it snowing
Is a hurricane a-blowing

Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing
Is the grisly reaper mowing

Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

1 comment:

  1. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory = Lost

    ReplyDelete

Contributors