Have you ever wondered what teachers discuss in the breakroom when they’re not reading through stacks of student essays and tests? Besides the usual topics of grades or lessons, Mitch and Christina often digress into conversations about movies, music and tv. We’re two English teachers who harbor secret hopes of one day becoming famous entertainment world critics. We know we’re a little obsessed, but we’ve accepted it, even embraced it. We’ve created this blog to invite you to join our conversation.

Welcome to The Breakroom.


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

American Idol Contest- Double Elimination

Since Andrew was the first person sent home tonight, I'm going to assume he finished in 9th place, and Katie finished in 8th place. I didn't get to comment on last night's episode, but I keep thinking about how American Idol's Top 12 is like the baseball season. It's a marathon and not a sprint. The same way Blue Jays fans shouldn't get too excited after great Aprils, I shouldn't get too excited after great early performances from Siobhan Magnus. I can't believe I'm starting to like Tim Urban as much as I am. The more the show tries to sabatoge his credibility, the more I root for him. Ryan dancing with Michael Sarver during Tim's performance was distracting and rude. Thanks to the double elimination, there is plenty of movement in the contest. I wish I could change my Siobhan Magnus pick. It's nice to see the Pollocks dominating the standings!

1. Libre Pollock- 40 points
2. Matt Pollock- 35 points
3. Ross Pollock- 30 points
3. Justine Barbato- 30 points
5. Mitch Pollock- 25 points
5. Sheila Pollock- 25 points
7. Mike Podhorzer- 20 points
7. Ricarda Pollock- 20 points
7. Konstantina Barkas- 20 points
7. Liz Kaplan- 20 points
7. Diana Lorenzo- 20 points
12. Christina Maffa- 10 points
13. Kathy Dragonetti- 5 points

2 comments:

  1. Gees, my predictions were awful this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have Bowersox winning. I'm going to drop to the bottom once I lose out on all those bonus points. I still haven't watched this week's Lost yet. Due to a DVR problem, I have to watch half of it on the computer.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors