Have you ever wondered what teachers discuss in the breakroom when they’re not reading through stacks of student essays and tests? Besides the usual topics of grades or lessons, Mitch and Christina often digress into conversations about movies, music and tv. We’re two English teachers who harbor secret hopes of one day becoming famous entertainment world critics. We know we’re a little obsessed, but we’ve accepted it, even embraced it. We’ve created this blog to invite you to join our conversation.

Welcome to The Breakroom.


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

American Idol- Top 7 Performances


I know I’ve been slacking on my American Idol posts, but does last night really deserve a lot of attention? You would think that getting rid of deadweight would result in a show jam packed with great performances. Ok, since we’re talking about Season 9, I would have been happy with mostly pleasant performances. Instead, I found myself covering my ears to Aaron and Tim, bored to tears by Casey, Siobhan, and Michael, and perplexed by the overreaction to Lee. Only Crystal delivered something positive last night. If it is possible to make up for six mild to horrible performances with one song, Crystal is the one to do it.

I’ll once again voice my disbelief that Siobhan has turned into a boring singer who tries to wow us with her technical skills instead of just delivering wow performances. Yes, she can hit notes others may not be able to hit. Yes, she can scream at the top of her lungs and occasionally make it sound like something we’d want to hear. But strangely she has lost almost all of the quirkiness that made her cool. Where did that punk girl go? Oh Siobhan, no.

Bottom three tonight can be anyone besides Crystal and Lee. I’m guessing it will consist of Aaron, Casey, and Michael. I’m thinking it’s the end of the road for Aaron.

1 comment:

  1. I was also disappointed by American Idol last night. As usual, Crystal's performance was the most memorable and exciting. I didn't find any of the other performances unique or even remotely interesting. The contestants seemed to be going through the motions resulting in performances that were mediocre and too much like karaoke. I was even tempted to fast forward the show 20 seconds into most of the songs!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors